Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the March monthly meeting is cancelled.
Our next CPOA meeting will be at the American Legion in Astoria on 13FEB2020 at 1400. Our local chapter will finalize a vote for the Presidential successor. So far MEC Cross has been nominated and is running unopposed. The email votes have poured in, however we intend to take role and vote in person. Hope to see you all there.
LCR CPOA VP
CPO Jamie E. Ryan
Wednesday Jan 15th at 1700, Fort George in Astoria.
Agenda will include finalizing CPOA President nominations, voting to be held in February.
Happy 2020! As we roll into the new year, here’s a look back on some of the good things LCR CPOA Chapter accomplished last year.
- Assisted 5 members in getting home to bereave loved ones, from deployment locations
- Provided over $30k in donations to the “Be the Light” food pantry & individual units in the AOR during the gov’t shutdown
- Sponsored an open house and water safety pool day at The Astoria Aquatic center open to all members
- Sponsored and hosted a show and shine car show with face painting and lunch for participants
- Partnered with Ft George in support of SECTOR Columbia Rivers Coast Guard Day event
- Gave financial donation to support MSU PDX for CG Day
- Purchased a pair of Blazers tickets available to all members in AOR to purchase at a discount.
- Boy Scout Pack 509 supported new members and Troop fundraising
- Supported & coordinated events surrounding the “Heroes of the Sea” fishing derby, highlighting the work of our chapter and the work that we do every day, doubling our chapter fundraising on this event from previous year.
- Financial assistance for several members whose dependents spent long term stays in children’s hospitals
- Assisted member with dependent diagnosed with leukemia, purchased hypo allergenic mattress for the dependent and contracted a deep house clean to disinfect so the child could return home lessening the opportunity for new infections.
- Continued the CPOA scholarship at Clatsop Community College
- Partnered with the Astoria/ Warrenton Chamber of commerce in supporting the Crab & Wine Fest
- Continued partnership with LCYSA cleaning & painting concession facilities & providing 8 weekends of concession services
- Purchased nearly $3k worth of fitness equipment for the Sector Columbia River gym rehab.
- Supported Astoria H.S. Robotics team
- Supported Astoria H.S. Dance team
- Supported Astoria Honor Society
- Assembled newborn gift baskets and distributed to new arrivals to the SECTOR families
- Supported Columbia River Youth baseball team “the Chiefs”
- Assisted in child proofing equipment for family in housing with special needs dependent
- Supported the SECTOR SANTA event and purchased a gift for each child at that attended
- Donated a truck load of toys to the Astoria Armory Christmas event for children in need
- The Assistance League of the Columbia Pacific
- Astoria Warming Shelter
- The River Folk project in Astoria
CPOA meeting Wednesday, 11DEC2019 at 1500 at TAPS Espresso Grub & Pub
Astoria. Assorted topics to include kids Christmas party. See you there.
MKC Jamie Ryan
LCR CPOA VP
On Tuesday, November 12, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. in the Astoria High School Auditorium, four ensembles from the Astoria Middle School and High School will combine for a Band and Orchestra Concert for the Astoria Community. Musicians will play inspiring, recognizable, patriotic themes for veterans and service members as well as for parents and families of school district musicians. The concert will culminate into a medley of service branch songs wherein any service member is invited to stand or raise their hand and be identified through applause for their service to our country. All community members are invited to attend and there is no cost for admission.
Changing location and time! November 14th, 1800, at Fort George in Astoria.
CPOA will provide a little food and drink compliments of the CPOA and provided by the Fort!
Bring your significant other! No Kids! Please!
Get signed up for the CPOA and pay your dues.
October 17th, Thursday, 1300 at Astoria American Legion.
From the President;
1300 Thursday 17 October at the Astoria American Legion, we will be having our monthly CPOA meeting. We have a lot to cover in terms of chapter business. We will take a vote on our Chapter involvement with the Heroes of the Sea 501 c3. If you have ideas or big goals for what you want to see our CPOA do for the community , or for our people bring them. The key to this is pushing further than seems attainable. If you have suggestion to by-laws verbiage that will protect our chapter please bring those suggestions. Regardless of our chapters involvement with the “Heroes of the Sea” we will remain autonomous. The partnership will be one that has the ability for our chapter to offer things that no other chapter can offer. Thanks for your consideration and attendance. See you there,
Lower Columbia River CPOA
AETCM Matthew Gerber
Astoria American Legion, 1300 on Thursday 12 September
LYCSA Soccer Concessions
2019 Fishing Derby results
Astoria Legion, 1300 on Wednesday 14 August